Write Rhode Island!
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Write Rhode Island! is a short fiction contest for Rhode Island students in grades 7 through 12.
1) All submissions must be the written work of Rhode Island residents or students enrolled in Rhode Island schools in grades 7 through 12 or equivalent for the 2020-2021 year.
2) Submissions must be double-spaced, 12 pt font, no more than 2,500 words in length and submitted as a .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or .txt file.
3) Submitters should not include name or other identifying information in the document they submit.
4) Short fiction submissions must have some relationship to Rhode Island, in setting, themes or objects.
5) Submissions must be completed and submitted by midnight Sunday, December 13, 2020.
Selected submissions will be published in a Write Rhode Island! anthology, receive recognition and awards, and selected writers will be invited to read their work at public events throughout the state.
Our judges will be looking for quality, originality, creativity and interpretation of Rhode Island as a theme.